Hi all! We have plenty more Washington excitement coming, but have to dedicate some time to a little something different…and very special. We received notice that Tee The Poet nominated us for a Sunshine Blogger Award!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! We are so grateful for the recognition! Our blog is truly rewarding to us, but to learn that it inspires others is an honor that we do not take for granted.
Feel free to read below for our answers, questions, and other nominees, and then check out Tia Miller’s (aka Tee The Poet) blog. She’s wonderfully talented!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is all about the Rule of 11s, so here we go!
The 11 questions Tia asked us, and our answers, are:
Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
Margaret considers herself as having more introvert traits than extrovert traits. While she enjoys engaging socially, she definitely needs plenty of alone time. Although, maybe this is just a side effect of aging and maturity…
Neal also considers himself as having more introvert traits. He interacts with a lot of people throughout the workday, and quiet time after work is a must. But on the weekend, he’s often out and about…especially during one of his favorite sports seasons, which is every season.
What’s one thing you loved about your childhood?
Margaret – My parents were great at exposing my brother and me to different places and experiences. Having close family friends in the Netherlands and France, I developed a love for travel at an early age, and learned to appreciate a variety of experiences, from a day spent at a museum to a day spent surrounded by nature. The things I learned from these experiences still inspire me every day!
Neal – My parents and I spent a lot of time outdoors exploring and exercising in the wonderful nature surrounding the Washington, DC area. Our highlights included Rock Creek Park and its 32 miles of hiking trails right in the heart of the city, Shenandoah National Park, and the Atlantic Ocean! This exposure at an early age surely led to my love of nature and open space.
If you found a genie in a lamp, what would be the three questions you ask?
- Unlimited ability (time, money, and energy) to travel. Our list of places we want to go always seems to be substantially longer than our availability and ability to do so!
- No more natural disasters. They seem to be happening too frequently, and they leave devastation in their aftermath.
- Unlimited front row seats to any concert or performance of your choosing. All concerts for Neal, and all musicals and ballets for Margaret.
If you have pets, how many do you have?
Meet Sadie. Also known as Sadie Bugs, Bugs, Love Bug, Buggie Boo, and Smush. She’s our 12-year-old rescue dog who is easily the sweetest and most expressive dog in the world. One day we’ll hopefully be able to make emojis out of her facial expressions!
And Radar. Also known as Radar Tater and Tater Tot. Margaret’s oversized My Little Pony, who is also incredibly sweet and animated.
What is your dream vacation?
That’s a tough one! Right now we’re planning our honeymoon to Italy…and it’s sounding pretty dreamy!
Do you think aliens exist, why or why not?
Sure. There are way too many galaxies out there for there not to be at least one other with living beings.
If you could be one Marvel character, who would you be and why?
Margaret would be Storm because the original concept was for a male character, but the creator quickly realized it needed a woman’s touch. Also, she’d happily like the power to get rid of snow (or at least snow in March, April, and May)!
Neal would be Wolverine because his physical capabilities and healing power would probably make him a really fast marathoner.
What is your favorite season?
Fall. Football and hockey for Neal. Sweaters and everything pumpkin for Margaret.
What are two of your hobbies?
Margaret – horseback riding and travel
Neal – running and music
What is your favorite genre of music?
Apparently our favorite genre is “folk rock” or “alternative rock.” Whatever you classify Mumford & Sons…
What made you want to start a blog?
We started Wandering Together as an online photo album where we could preserve and share our experiences, but we very quickly became inspired by the incredible support that exists in the blogging community.
The 11 blogs we nominate are:
- Diary of a Gen-X Traveler
- I Choose This
- Tanja Britton
- Jacqueline’s Blog
- View From This Spot
- The Lyfe of Shawn
- London Life With Liz
- The Travel Architect
- Life On The Patio
- Travelling With Lyn
- Big Guy Hiking
And here are our 11 questions for you guys:
- Do you prefer relaxing vacations or active vacations, and why?
- What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What’s your favorite story about your pet (past or current)?
- What would you sing at karaoke night?
- What three items would you take to a deserted island?
- What is your spirit animal?
- Do you collect anything?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging?
That’s it for us. Looking forward to everyone’s responses!